Laws and Regulations
**IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR RDHAP's**
If you have questions regarding this please contact the Board at (916) 263-1978.
NEW 16 CCR Section 1109: Approval of Curriculum Requirements for Radiographic Decision-Making and Interim Therapeutic Restoration Courses for the Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH), Registered Dental Hygienist in Alternative Practice (RDHAP), and Registered Dental Hygienist in Extended Functions (RDHEF). Filed with Secretary of State 9-27-2021 – Effective 1-1-2022
NEW 16 CCR Section 1118: Registered Dental Hygienists in Alternative Practice, Performance of Soft Tissue Curettage and Administration of Local Anesthesia. Filed with Secretary of State 2-10-2022 – Effective 4-1-2022.
NEW 16 CCR Section 1117: Reporting Dental Relationships Between Registered Dental Hygienists in Alternative Practice and Licensed Dentists. Filed with Secretary of State 4-1-2022 – Effective 7-1-2022.
Regulatory Section 100 Changes
Proposed Regulations Currently Undergoing the Regulatory Process
16 CCR section 1104.1. Process for Approval of a New RDH Educational Program
16 CCR section 1104.3. Reviews, Site Visits, Citation and Fines, and Probationary Status for Dental Hygiene Educational Programs
16 CCR section 1119. Retired Licensure (formerly 16 CCR section 1115)
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
- Proposed Language
- Initial Statement of Reasons
- Application for a Retired License
- Application to Reactivate Retired License
- Notice of Availability of Modified Text And Forms Incorporated By Reference for 16 CCR 1115
- Modified Text: 16 CCR section 1115, Retired License (1.22.22)
- Application for a Retired RDH, RDHAP, or RDHEF License” DHBC RLC-01 (New 11/20)(Modified)
- Application for Reactivation of a Retired RDH, RDHAP, or RDHEF License” DHBC RLC-02 (New 10/20)(Modified)
- Final Statement of Reasons
This rulemaking was approved on 11-16-2022 by the Office of Administrative Law and filed with the Secretary of State. It is effective 1-1-2023.